College of Public Policy Student Ambassadors
What is the Student Ambassador Program?
The College of Public Policy Student Ambassadors Program is a leadership opportunity through the Dean’s Office for COPP undergraduate and graduate students interested in serving and representing their college. The role of the ambassador varies greatly based on the needs of the college as well as the personality and leadership goals of each ambassador. Some of the opportunities for ambassadors may include:
- Representing the college at various university events, programs and meetings
- Meeting with college visitors, including prospective students and their families
- Assisting with leading the Dean’s Student Advisory Council meetings and providing student feedback and insight to college administrators
- Connecting and networking with COPP alumni and scholarship donors
- Assisting with the promotion of the college through social media and public relations campaigns
Why become a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors gain personal and professional experience that support reaching their academic and career goals. Through the variety of opportunities and experiences, students improve their communication and leadership abilities. They learn marketing strategies to promote the college that can then be translated to skills needed in their career. Additional benefits can include:
- Gaining skills and experiences employers are looking for on your resume and scholarship or graduate program applications
- Earning letters of recommendation through professional relationships with college faculty, staff and administration
- Becoming better connected to campus resources and opportunities
- Building on your Roadrunner pride and helping other students learn more about UTSA and COPP
- Currently enrolled full-time as a COPP student
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Able to commit to the program for a minimum of one year (Fall and Spring semesters)
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit initiative, dependability and enthusiasm
Application for 2019-2020 currently closed.
Senior Student Development Specialist