National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders has Program Intern position available. Deadline to apply – Fri., Feb 20
NALCAB represents and serves a geographically and ethnically diverse group of Latino-led asset building organizations, which include affordable housing developers, micro-lenders, economic development corporations and consumer counseling agencies. NALCAB has over 100 member organizations represented in 33 states and Washington, DC. NALCAB’s mission is to build financial and real estate assets as well as human and technology resources in Latino families, communities and organizations. NALCAB accomplishes its mission by supporting the work of its member organizations in low-to-moderate income communities, focusing on three strategic goals: Supporting Our Members, Creating a National Forum, and Investing in Leadership.
NALCAB invests in leadership by providing internship opportunities to college seniors and graduate students. Interns gain exposure to the community development and asset building industries and will understand the vital importance public service makes on quality of life. NALCAB provides interns with specialized onsite training in industry related topics such as equitable neighborhood development, small business growth, and financial coaching and family wealth building.
Job Title: Program Intern
Hours Per Week: 20
Duration of Internship: 6 months
- Must be at least junior or senior level student enrolled in a four year degree program or a recent college graduate with major coursework in Urban Studies, Sociology, Latino Studies, Social Work, Nonprofit Management, Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration or related field of study
- Bilingual in English and Spanish languages, a plus
- Current graduate student, a plus
- WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Knowledge of various Federal Community Development, Economic Development and Affordable Housing Programs
- Knowledge of NALCAB’s Leadership Development Program
- The opportunity to interact and meet a network of committed professionals in the areas of economic development, public policy, business, government, academic and nonprofit sectors
- Knowledge of the community development, asset-building industry and public service.
- Skills related to data entry, research, and public policy.
Please submit a cover letter and résuméwith subject line NALCAB Program Intern 2015 to email@example.com by Friday, February 20, 2015.
Please submit any questions to Levar Martin at firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more information, visit www.nalcab.org.